Monday, August 4, 2014

Munchie Monday- Better Than Restaurant Style Salsa

My boyfriend says the best way to find out if a Mexican restaurant is any good is by the taste of their salsa. If you don't like the taste of their salsa then you might as well walk out. This salsa is to me and my boyfriend is the best salsa we have tasted.

Ingredients:
1 can of whole peel tomatoes (28 oz)
½ a bundle of cilantro
4 jalapenos
1 clove of garlic
½ small onion
pinch of salt and pepper

*Optional*
1 Tomatillo 

Directions:
1. Drain the tomatoes but keep the juice. Pour the tomatoes into your blender.

2. Add cilantro, salt and pepper, garlic, onion, jalapenos (with the stems cut off) and my secret ingredient a tomatillo. The tomatillo will also make the salsa more green in color then it would if you don't add it.

Remember the tomatillo is optional.
















3. This is the part that is a bit more up to you. I personally like my salsa more chunky so I use the blender setting 'chop' until its as chunky or smooth as I like it. Also you remember that I had you guys keep the tomato juice if its to spicy when you taste it add a little of the juice and a pinch of salt.


Now you guy have some yummy salsa to snack on or have it as a whole meal! :)

The little dish is from Walmart only $1! :)
I hope you guys enjoy this salsa as much as I do. Let me know what you guys think about it  either on  FacebookTwitterInstagram  or just by commenting below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment