Monday, June 16, 2014

Munchie Monday- Chicken Parmesan

For this third week of Munchie Monday I will be showing yall my take on Chicken Parmesan! I can't believe this is already week 3 wow! :) I made this for two people but the recipe stays the same.

To make the chicken Parmesan you will need:
4 skinless chicken breasts (I use only 2)
1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
3 large eggs (I used fresh eggs from my hens (: )
1/4-1/3 Olive oil
1 jar (16oz) spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon crushed oregano
1 8 oz package of mozzarella cheese
3 cups of cooked pasta (I used rotini but you can use any pasta like ziti or penne)
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 13" x 9" x 1 3/4" baking dish

Aren't the eggs colored pretty?
1. Preheat oven to 350*F (176*C). In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Crack the eggs in another shallow bowl (I only had one :( ) and beat thoroughly.

2. Dip chicken in the egg letting excess drip of, then chicken in bread crumb mixture, turning it to make sure it coated well. Repeat till all chicken is done.

3. In a skillet heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add two chicken pieces; saute 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown. Remove to plate with a paper towel to catch the oil drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken, add oil if needed.

4. In a small bowl or your baking dish combine spaghetti sauce and oregano; mix thoroughly. If you haven't already pour sauce into your baking dish. Arrange chicken in sauce mixture and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.

5. Remove foil and top each piece of chicken with 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Place bake in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.

6. To serve: Toss cooked pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the parsley. Transfer chicken to individual plates and divide pasta among the plates. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan.


That's this weeks Munchie Monday! Let me know if you make this delicious Chicken Parmesan and tag me on Instagram. tasty

xoxo
Rita!

No comments:

Post a Comment