Monday, June 23, 2014

Munchie Monday- It's a dogs life for me.

This week's Munchie Monday is not for people but for the four legged people of this world. As you guys can probably tell from the title I'm talking about your dogs. I am so excited about this one because this is a special treat for one of my dogs, Sarah, who on Wednesday will be two years old. More about it in this weeks Throwback Thursday!


I got this recipe from AllRecipes.com I did half the recipe because it makes 4 dozen when you use a cookie cutter like they used. The cookie cutter I used made about 40+/-. I'm kinda glad I didn't use the full recipe. 
Here is the half recipe:

Ingredients:

Into the oven the bunnies go!
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons AND 2 teaspoons of margarine
1/2 cup of boiling water
1/4 cup AND 2 tablespoons of cornmeal
1 teaspoon of white sugar
1 teaspoon of beef or chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour

I burned a few :(

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 325*F (165*C). In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes, while you grease cookie sheets.

2. Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg. Mix in flour, a little at a time, until a stiff dough has formed.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing flour as needed until dough is smooth and not sticky. Roll dough out to a 1/2" thickness and cut with a cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart on the greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool before serving.



Sarah say they are yummy!
My doggies LOVED them!! They would've eaten all of them if I let them.

Can we have some more?
That's it for Munchie Monday. I hope your doggie friends enjoy these amazing treats! Let me know how they come out, tag me on Instagram.

xoxo
Rita!



No comments:

Post a Comment