Thursday, June 26, 2014

Do Your Own Wednesday- Doggie Fashion

Hi guys and welcome back to Do Your Own Wednesday. Sorry that this is going up on Thursday. This week we will make a dog collar. I decided to make this collar for my dog Sarah. You can read more about her on Throwback Thursday. I kinda of  followed B*Spoke instructions to make the dog collar. 

What you will need:

Nylon webbing
D ring
Plastic clip
Plastic slider
Coordinating thread

I used things that were 1" widths but you can use any size if you have a smaller or larger dog/cat.
On B*Spoke they attached ribbon to the nylon webbing but I didn't find any ribbon that was wide enough to fit on the webbing. I purchased a half yard of hot pink webbing and it was the perfect length for my dog but you can measure your pets neck and I would at least 3 inches to that length.

Directions:

1. Un-clip the buckle and put the webbing through the female part of the buckle and leave about 2 inches  on the underside. Sew close to the buckle several times.

2. Slip the D ring through the other side of the collar and slip it between the two pieces of webbing. Sew back and forth on the open end several times.


3.On the other end slip the webbing through the plastic slider then though the other part of the clip. Then go back and slip the webbing through the bottom side of the plastic slider.

4. Now fold in back over an sew in place. Be careful not to sew through the other part of the collar.


5. I used a lighter to burn the frayed ends of the webbing careful not to burn the collar.

6. Attach tags and size it to you dog. Now your dog or cat will have a styling new collar. 


Sarah and I can't wait to go for a walk now that I can actually see her collar LOL. I hope that you and your dogs enjoy this cool collar. Happy sewing!

xoxo
Rita!

No comments:

Post a Comment