Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Garden Tuesday- Wish I Had A Storm Warning


So this past weekend we had a storm blow in and my garden took a good hit from it. Luckily just a few weeks ago I staked up my tomato plant really well so the wind won't blow them over. My tomatillos got beaten up some but they perked back up quick. I had a few of my poblano plants and jalapeno plants  blow over some, luckily the didn't break off so I just re-staked them.

Garden Haul: 

Poblano peppers are in the top right corner.
From Friday to yesterday I got a TON of things from my garden! I got 3 poblano peppers for the first time ever!! 

Garden tip of the week:

Purchase those plastic things that kill the weeds and grass. In my garden the grass grows SO FAST! Next year we are planning to cover around the cinder blocks with that plastic and add river rock type gravel and maybe another small raised bed!

That's all for this week everybody. Happy Gardening!!

xoxo
Rita!

No comments:

Post a Comment