Monday, July 7, 2014

Munchie Monday- Patriotic Cupcakes


Don't these look yummy?? :)
This past Friday was Independence Day here in the states and I decide the day to make festive red, white and blue cupcakes.

You will need:


1 box of white cake mix
2 14oz vanilla frosting
3 egg whites
1 1/4 cup of water
1/3 cup of oil
Red and blue food coloring
Cupcake tin and cupcake paper cups
Mixer and bowl
3 Pastry bags and 1 tip

Directions:


1. Empty the box cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg whites, water and oil to the cake mix. Beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping the sides occasionally, until well blended


2. Divide mix into three bowl. Using  the food coloring tint one bowl red, one blue and leave the third bowl white.


3. Next spoon one spoonful of red cake mix in each cup, followed by white and blue mix. 

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool them for about 10 minutes in the pan and 30 minutes out on a cooling rake. 

5. While your waiting for to cupcakes to cool you can prepare your frosting. I divided the frosting among three bowls and dyed two red and blue. I didn't use the red because in came out pink LOL. Put the blue and white frosting in their own pastry bags. 

6. With your spare bag cut the tip and place your decorating tip in the bag. Cut the tip off the other two bag and place the bags in the third bag. 

7. Now you can decorate your cupcakes! I just swirled the frosting around the cupcake. Nothing to fancy but a perfect dessert option to a Fourth of July barbecue 

First time swirling frosting!
I hope you guys had a great weekend and for my fellow Americans I hope your Fourth of July was great. I hope you like these. If you do try them out let me know by tweeting me a picture or tagging me on Instagram! What would you like to see a recipe of? Tweet me of comment below. Also don't forget to show some love by liking my new Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment