Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday- In Honor Of

If any of you guys have followed me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram then you would know that I lost a very special animal yesterday. I thought this would be a good way to honor her memory.


Her name was Sweet-pea and she was only 8 years old. She was a purebred longhorn that I raised by hand since she was two months old (her mom died). She only had two live babies both boys about 4 years apart. She was a great mom and when she didn't have a baby she watched over the babies other cows had. 
Her and this year baby, he's about 2 months here.
I know that to some people saying that I lost a member of my family might sound strange but that's the truth I was her mother, caretaker and friend. When she lost her baby last year I was right there petting her and telling her that everything will be okay and that she will make it through this.

I just never imagined that I would loss her so suddenly. The part about her death that makes me really sad is that she was fine just a hour or so before we found her in the pasture. 
Loving mother moment!
She left behind a 3 month old baby boy that we will now care for now that his momma is gone. Living on a place that I get to have a lot of animals I learn that I will see them again over the Rainbow Bridge. Those that don't know what I'm talking about let me share this poem with you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...
Her with her this years baby.
Knowing that I will she her again makes me feel better. I am still very sad and upset that she passed so soon and as I wipe my tears away I smile because I still will always have a piece of her with me in my heart. If you want to see pictures of her sons follow me on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment